- 10 flour tortillas
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- I took two boneless skinless chicken breasts, marinated them in a chipotle lime marinade for about 3 hours, then baked them at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. At the time I was doubling the recipe, so it may take less than 30 minutes if only using 2 chicken breasts.
- When the chicken is done, I cut each chicken breast into sections, put them in my KitchenAid mixer with the flat beater and beat it until they were shredded.
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (or a little more! :))
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup onion
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6-8 oz. diced green chilies (sold in a can)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan
- Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter and onion together until onion is translucent, stir in flour, quickly add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream.
- Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.
I serve it with Mexican Rice and a can of refried beans heated on the stove. This is one of our favorite dinners and makes leftovers as well!