Age: 3 months
Weight: 12.5 lbs
Length: ~24 in.
What can she do now?
Length: ~24 in.
What can she do now?
- Brings her hands together
- Grasps objects
- Rolls (with a little help) from belly to back and back to belly
- Finds her thumb and hands to suck on
- Coos and makes noises
- Loves to look at herself in the mirror
- Focuses on people that are far away
- Notices her surroundings more and more (was awake and looking at the trees outside today on our walk)
- Recognizes familiar faces
- Smiles ALL THE TIME and we've even heard a few laughs and giggles here and there!
- Getting better and better at tummy time, she is starting to enjoy it a little before she gets too tired
Celebrations from the past month:
- Her facial expressions and sounds are endlessly entertaining! I could watch you all day long!
- She has become a drool monster! Drool is everywhere all the time!
- For Labor Day Weekend we went to Atlanta to celebrate with Drew and Lauren on their wedding day. Lucy had her longest babysitting experience yet when my parents watched her for about 7 hours. Lucy also got to see Jason's parents that weekend.
- Lucy got another floor mat which Jason calls the "Dome of Development" - my mom and I got matching ones at a kids consignment store.
- Lucy got a bigger swing now that she doesn't fit in her small one anymore.
- After a very busy August, we decided to stay in town for all the weekends in September. This made for some relaxing weekends and let us hang out with lots of friends here in Augusta! Lucy has met many of our friends and (lucky for us) she does pretty well in groups and lets other people hold her (unless she is tired or hungry!)
- Michael and Angelyn visited us a few weekends ago and got to meet Lucy for the first time! We had lots of fun catching up, going for a walk around the neighborhood, going out to eat, etc.
- Lucy is a pro at going out to eat. We have taken her many places and we will just take her out of her carrier and let her look around. We took her on a few of our "dates" (ex: Takosushi) and she really enjoyed it - although I have a feeling she is getting too loud with her coos and talking to last too much longer with these date tag-a-longs.
- Jason and I watched our first movie together post baby! Seriously, for some reason, we haven't been able to sit down and relax for that long without getting interrupted, or wanting to do something else. We watched "Life as we know it" and it was really good (and applicable) to our lives :)
- Lucy had her first time at the church nursery. Checking her into the nursery was one of those moments when I really felt "old" or like a "real mom". She did great and slept the whole time. When I picked her up, I found her fast asleep in the middle of a room full of a lot of babies (many of them crying). When the nursery workers asked which baby I was there to pick up, I pointed to Lucy and they said "are you sure you don't want to take one of the crying babies instead?"
- I went on my first run in 11 months! I stopped running when I found out I was pregnant and mainly exercised on the elliptical during pregnancy. Post pregnancy I have only felt like walking. Running felt GREAT! Until the next day (week) when I couldn't barely walk or go down stairs I was so sore! But I have gone a few runs since and I love it again.
- Lucy is now in her 3 month old clothes and I love discovering new things in her closet all the time as she grows. There is simply nothing cuter than little girl clothes!
Things I love about Lucy...this list could go on and on, but here's the top things that come to mind:
- Waking her up in the morning, sometimes during the night I forget how blessed I am and every morning I am reminded again to see that precious smile smiling back at me
- A few minutes after she starts eating she gives a big sigh and smile - a sort of relief that her tummy is finally getting filled!
- Holding her a walking around is one of my favorite things, sometimes she even wraps her arms around me.
- She has started sitting in my lap and paying attention while we watch TV - prob not the greatest thing to teach her, but she is the best (and most cuddliest) companion!
- Giving her a bath is so much fun, and there is nothing better than clean baby smell!
- I love seeing her notice new surroundings, this month she really started turning her head from side to side. Sometimes her head is literally darting back and forth as she explores new places.
Lucy - we love you more than words can say. We are so thankful to God for you - it is so obvious that you were given to us by him as a HUGE blessing to show us how much he loves us. We are so undeserving of you and we are trying our best to raise you up to love and honor the God who created you and loves you more than we do! We can't wait to see what fun new developments the next months (and years) bring! Just don't grow up too fast!