This cake is soooo good! It is very refreshing, very easy, and just the perfect summer dessert. I have made multiple versions of this. Here's the best one so far.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups vegetable oil (I used 1 cup oil, 1/3 cup applesauce instead to make it a tad lighter)
- 4 eggs
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime flavored gelatin mix
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Combine cake mix, gelatin mix, oil (or oil + applesauce), eggs and orange juice. Pour into 2 bread pans. Bake for 35-45 minutes at 350 degrees. Allow to cool, then frost.
- To make the frosting: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add lime juice and confectioners sugar. Mix well. ENJOY!